Friday, March 18, 2011

The Hole Is My Theory


Carl gives the water temperature 2 thumbs up
 Cleaning up after the season is over is a brutal task.  My time and energy has been transferred to other things (or perhaps I just enjoy spending it on other things) and the mess that is my backyard sits and waits for me.  Draining the liner isn't hard and there are different ways to do it.  The best - and easiest - way is to sick my neighbor's dogs (and boys) on it.  We spent a half hour throwing a tennis ball into the icy water and the dogs' claws poke hundreds of little holes in the liner, making for a slow, steady drain.  I woke up this morning and the liner was empty.


Jimmy tests the waters


Tilly splashes while Mac looks for the tennis ball

Mason retrieves the ball and drains my liner: win, win

















Carl discovers the liner is slippery when wet

No comments: