Monday, December 13, 2010

2010/11 Backyard Rink Season....Oh, it's on.

On a spur of the moment I decided to flood tonight.  The forecast calls for below freezing temps for the next 10 days, with little to no chance of precipitation.  If this works out it will be my earliest skate ever.  Some photos with accompanying rambling descriptions for you:

I have no idea who this guy is but he is my new best friend.  For years the leaves that fell in the field across the street would spend the entire winter blowing across the field and up and into my yard; and kill my rink surface.  But THIS GUY came out of no-where and spent an entire day sucking up leaves with his tractor.  Thank you tractor guy. 
 
 Danny and his buddy Michael helped check the yard for loose twigs and sharp, pointy rocks.  They also helped me secure the liner once it was unfurled.
 I still love unfolding it and getting it ready - it's better than Christmas.
Fill'er up.

1 comment:

Len said...

Scott - I think there is also little or no chance of precipitation in the next 10 days. I guess what you do on the ice does not count as participation.