Sunday, December 20, 2009

Red Sky At Night, Skater's Delight


Danny and his friend, Liam christened the ice for the 2009/2010 season and did so by skating for over 2 hours in the bitter cold.  While temps were in the mid-20's, the wind was unrelenting, making it feel much colder.

As the boys got off the ice the sun was setting, and it turned the sky into fantastic colors. 

Rink Status: 7:30pm
A storm dumped 6 inches of snow on the rink today and thankfully the ice appears to have been frozen solid from the last 3 days of bitter cold. I used the rubber squeegee to scrape the ice chips and snow left behind by the boys and then laced up my own skates for a bit.  I shot a few pucks (and lost a few over the netting) and stickhandled for a while - and it felt good to be back on the Four-em again.   I then resurfaced using the hot-water line and my homemade Zamboni, and the ice is clear and smooth.

1 comment:

Joe Proulx said...

Love the second picture Scott. Merry Christmas to you and yours. I'm a bit behind this year (just filled yesterday), but hoping to skate before retiring inside to watch the Winter Classic next Friday.