Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back to Work


In what has been a remarkably low maintenance season so far, the first real work came in the form of shoveling.  A storm dumped 5 inches of rain/sleet/snow on us.  However, having a solid slab of ice really helped in that I had minimal seepage of water up into the snow as it pressed down on said slab.  I had to let the snow sit all day and shoveled around midnight on Monday, after my game (Rapid Finishing won 3-2, thanks for asking).


Getting the snow off it helped the surface freeze again as snow is an insulator and the slushy top of my ice would have remained slushy. Getting the snow off helped the cold air of the night turn it back into ice.  Today was a day of constant flurries so more shoveling was in order tonight.  As you can see in the pictures, she looks lovely.

I also replaced the bulbs on my lights. I got 4 years out of the old bulbs and the difference with the new ones is very noticeable. When they are on it seems like noontime.

No comments: